Monday, 31 December 2012

WHAT I HAVE LEARNT THIS YEAR

theoretical or otherwise.
(illustration by Sarah Helen Potter- see her blog here)

After Christmas comes New Year, which I feel is always a good time for reflecting, a great time to think about all the highs and subsequently the lows we've been faced with in the previous 356 days then put them in a box and move the fuck on. You can't continue the book if you're still re reading the same chapter. 
Now not to get all emotional on your arses but this year has been a year of discovery for me, while they're has been some regrets, big regrets, ive learnt a lot about myself and who and what I want to be as a person. 

"Never regret anything because at some point, you wanted it to happen"

I always go in to the new year with not many expectations, gliding and deciding that i'll just let life take it's course in the traditional sense. What will be will be. And whilst I partly think that this is true I also think that you need to make things happen yourself. A friends mum stated something the other day that I thought to be so true, that being 'you're either the driver or the passenger'. I am not ashamed to admit that for the better part of my life I have been the passenger. 

This year alone I have been to numerous cities around the world, I have emmersed myself in culture and come out the other end better educated and subsequently more knowledgable from it. I have made decisions that will benefit me for later on in life and I have changed my priorities that were lacking for my basic moral needs. And this was all on the basis that I took charge instead of waiting for life to take charge.

Finally I have learnt not to take everything seriously, that its ok to have passion, to have drive. To not be beaten down by idiots, realistic or virtual. 

Haters gon' hate, potatoes gon' potate.


FOLLOW ME ON LOOKBOOK FOLLOW ME ON CHICTOPIA

11 comments:

Sarah Eve said...

So true xx

Kate Lees said...

So happy I discovered your blog, lovely post. Happy New Year x

shona! said...

love this post, so relatable!

http://shonarose.blogspot.co.uk

HeartsAndCrosses said...

I love the one about not taking life seriously! I really need to take that on board! Have an amazing 2013 and I hope its filled with all you want it to be :)

http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Chyrel Gomez said...

Enjoyed reading this post. Love the illustration, too. For this year, I'm going all out and do the things I love to do.

Happy New Year!

Alina said...

Love love love this blog, so glad I ran into it!

-Alina
Transparentdimensions.blogspot.com

LuxeLifeAspirations said...

So true Xx

Laura said...

What I have learnt this year is that you have one of the coolest blogs I've ever seen! I love your unique style and wow, this hair, you got it girl! Reflecting's always good and I completely agree with your thoughts - I've had a couple "Don't regret it later" situations... truthfully right that moment you always do what is best for you! Keep up the great work, I'm following you right away! xoxo from New York City
http://www.hollylovespaul.com

QuickPassTV said...

your blog is amazing!

Watch The Story of Luke Online Free

cara mengobati penyakit jantung koroner said...

visit exciting, and adds a lot of my knowledge ...
pusat gold-g

Jhon Frank said...

Desirable Hunger Game Costumes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...